maandag 17 juni 2013

Tammy Show Time!

Did you have a nice weekend? I did, I was excited because it's my turn to show my Tammy's!
First I like to thank our marvellous Mdm Samm, creator of a smart PDF so we could make our own version of her Tammy project bag pattern, she's our cheerleader in this hop also, a solo project of our beloved Mdm Samm:
thanks for making it all possible!
If you like Tammy project bag and want to make one yourself, you can buy the pattern - here
I made two Tammy's to give away (parting was a sweet sorrow), 6 years ago we went on a quiltweekend with a group of ladies and one gentleman, we didn't know each other other than via the internet, quilters we all were and we had a blast of a weekend, since that time we go every year, we rent a house, cottage of place we fit in, the group changes every year a little, but there are a few who take part every year, I'm one of them.
We each make two presents, on fridaynight we play a game to devide the presents, it is always a lot of fun!

Mdm Samm asked for pictures of our Tammy back, front, inside and out, I'm not a great picture-taker, so I made a lot, I put some thing in it for the picture, but since they were presents I did not fill them with a nice project or my stuff:
  
The purple Tammy, inside and out:

 Scissors & spools can be place in the outside pockets

 I made a pocket with a flap, so important things can be stored
The other side has also pockets
Clever ribbons can hold scissors in their place
And the red one:

And while I was hopping around last week enjoying all the inspiring Tammy project bags, I decided not to wait  until the holidays making my own Tammy, inspired as I was I started rightaway! I have a project this year, Sweet Hearts 2013 - organized by Françoise - the idea is to make one heart each day, a 365 days project to clear your mind from the daily stuff and create with small steps something big, that project wanted to have a beautiful bag to be carried around in. I found some fabric with growing hearts (on stems) in my stash and off I was.
Proudly I present my Sweet Hearts Tammy on her own project:

  The outside pockets are filled with my spools, I have several colors red, pink and purple

Looking inside Tammy with contents
 Empty Tammy - echo.. echo... echo.... my, she is spacious inside!
 Three little pockets for pens, pencils, needles in package, scissors
 and a pocket with a flap to close
 inside my Tammy I have a scissorskeep with embroidered hearts 
a gift for a dear friend and two booklet I made for
keeping my hearts, templates and needles and pins

I loved working on this nice project, liked how it turned out and it was a lovely gift to give, the ladies who got one liked them very much. I am very happy, thanks Mdm Samm, I almost feel like a French lady with my gorgeous Tammy!
I hope you enjoyed my show, please visit the other bloghoppers who are hopping along with me today:
June 17th (monday)
Thanks for hopping along! Have a great day!
 

66 opmerkingen:

  1. Pauline, wat zijn ze toch schattig! Ik ben hevig verlieft! Vooral de rode! Zo jammer dat ik niet 1 van de gelukkige was ;)
    Prachtige uitvoeringen hoor!!! Een zeer geslaagde hop!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh so lovely! I love the flap you added, what a great idea. All three look great and my favourite the one with the hearts!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Beautiful Tammy bags, love them all equally! Thank you for sharing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Gaaf!! En wat wordt je hartjes quilt mooi!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. All 3 Tammy's are really cute, wonderful job Pauline !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Gorgeous Bags!!! Love the surprise linings and all your embellishments. Thanks for sharing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Geweldig mooi. Je hebt het druk gehad Paulien. Schitterend werk en een geweldige presentatie. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day Frederika

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. All 3 of your bags are sew adorable! I am glad you made one for yourself too!~ :)jan@http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Prachtige tammy's Pauline, leuk dat je er voor jezelf ook een gemaakt hebt. Erg mooi!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Prachtige Tammy's heb je gemaakt, Pauline! Jouw super handige lintjes om je scharen mee vast te zetten, zijn voor mij de Dagklapper!
    Heel goed, dat je jezelf ook niet vergeten bent.
    Groetjes,

    Jeanneke.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I like the ribbons on your red bag - smart!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. I love the flap's that you added inside and the ribbons to keep the scissors are great!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I love all your Tammys, but the heartly one have won my heart.
    Thanks for sharing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Ha Pauline, love them all! But the red one stole my heart! :D Good idea, that flap!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Wat zijn ze leuk geworden. De rode zou mijn keus zijn. Prachtig gedaan.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. mooi mooi moooi!! zo fris en gezellig je foto's..ziet er toppie uit;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Your bag is fabulous! I so love the colors.Thank you for participating in the hop.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Love them all! But the one with hearts caught my eye!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Great Tammy bags - I like them all!
    Thanks for sharing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. Ohhh Pauline...what a delightful collection...your photos are very well done...love the additional button closures...truly inspiring..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. Wow your Tammys are just beautiful. I like all of them. the ribbons, lace well just every single one has its own little frills...great job.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  22. Beautiful Tammy bags - I love the gingham and lace! blessings, marlene

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  23. I love the fabrics you chose for your bags. The flap closing is very, very clever. I am in awe of the addition of the lace/ribbon to secure the scissors. I am always losing my scissors and they slip from a bag so easily. What a great way to keep them safe! And, the heart quilt is stunning. I love the idea of making something cheerful and focusing on the positivity of life each and every day. One therapist suggested that I keep a gratitude journal - just write down a few things for which I am thankful each day. It doesn't need to be "big" things.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  24. So cute! And I thought I did pretty good making two bags!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  25. Great, great Tammy bags. I loved all of them. You did very well!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  26. They are all lovely. Congrats on being one of the chosen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  27. Lovely bags---I think I like the one you made for YOU the best but I have to say how clever it was to use the ribbons as both trim and scissors keepers. It added such a sweet touch to both of the giveaway bags. The flap for a hidden pocket was a great idea as well. Well done!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  28. Those are lovely Tammy bags and deserving of a top spot today. Your hearts are beautiful too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  29. How very pretty, Pauline! I love the addition of the little tabs on the front.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  30. beautiful fabric choices on your bags. love them

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  31. Love all the little things you have done with your Tammy bags, and I know their new owners are going to love them too!~

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  32. Those are beautiful bags. I like the inside flap over the pocket and the outside ribbon tabs to keep scissors in place. Those are great ideas!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  33. They are all so pretty, thanks for sharing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  34. Pauline...what a beautiful parade of Tammy bags. Congrats on being in the top spot today. Thanks for participating and inspiring us today!! Happy stitching, Pauline

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  35. Wow! Gorgeous bags! Love the fabrics.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  36. Love your Tammy bags...oh the red gingham! So cute and clever with the scissor ribbons! Well done!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  37. I really like your Tammys. Your friends were lucky indeed.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  38. Perfect little hearts tammy bag. The heart quilt is beautiful too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  39. Love all of your Tammy bags. Great choices of fabrics. You have lucky friends.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  40. Oh wow, you rock, girl!! I love, love, love your Tammies. All of them, but the purple one... that is so my choice of fabric!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  41. Congratulations on being the creative pick of the day! Your projects are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  42. Great bags! I love the button holders!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  43. Gefeliciteerd met het feit dat je uitgeroepen bent tot de meest creatieve van vandaag.
    Top hoor
    Frederika

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  44. I love the loops and buttons on the sides...very cute! All the bags look so sweet in those beautiful fabrics. Thanks for sharing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  45. Great bags for giving! Love your fabric choices!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  46. Wow, have you been busy. I love the all but especially the gingham one. congratulations on top picks!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  47. I love the additions you put on your bags. They are all very pretty.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  48. Your added little design features are wonderful especially the button closures for the outside. That helps solve the problem of an accidental lost item!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  49. Hello Pauline,
    you have made beautiful Tammy bags, your extra additions are so clever. I love the heart quilt, wonderful ♥
    Thanks for sharing,
    liebe Grüße
    Bente

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  50. Your tammy bags are wonderful, right cheery and the little extra touches make them so so special.
    Thanks for sharing,
    cheers
    maggie
    maggiemine42@gmail.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  51. Your bags are beautiful and your detail is terrific.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  52. Love your bags, and the one with the hearts is gorgeous.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  53. That is a great gift for your friends. Sew fun!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  54. Wow, what a parade! They all look wonderful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  55. Very beautiful bags and I love the one your making for yourself with the hearts.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  56. Gorgeous Bags!!! The Sewing Scissors one is my most Favorite! :) You did Awesome job!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  57. you did a wonderful job on all your bags. i love the extra details babscorbitt@gmail.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  58. Beautiful Tammy bags. I love how you added the lace and the buttons to hold the scissors on the red gingham bag. Very creative.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  59. Great Tammy bags. Love your special closures with lace and ribbon. Very nice.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  60. Lovely bags, what a great job you did! I love the straps on the outside pockets.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  61. I am late but I love all your Tammy's they are beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen